Our Maritime Department focus in providing administrative and legal counseling in matters involving our clients interests in all bodies pertaining to the sector, including
– Incorporating Brazilian shipping companies and registering them with the competent authorities;
– Handling and controlling all documentation referring to vessels and companies involved in the water transportation sector, such as: regularizing and issuing Deeds of Vessels Registration (known as TIE), Provisions of Ownership Registration (known as PRPM), Certificates of Brazilian Special Register (known as REB), REB Pre-Register (pre-REB), as well as addressing Ship owner Registration (known as CRA) by granting it or in its renewals;
– Liaising with the competent authorities and regulatory entities to ensure that companies, ship owners, vessels and services providers are in compliance with their respective legal and regulatory requirements and obligations.
– Legal assistance to ship owners, charterers, shippers, P&I Clubs, shipping agents, terminal and port operators, shipyards, trading companies, shippers and consignees, among other companies;
– Representation in litigious, arbitral and administrative cases, in most varying relationships raised in Maritime Law, such as accidents, pollution, environmental damages, collision, fire, and arrest of ships and cargo;
– Drafting and negotiating contracts related to the maritime sector, such as the ones related to construction and shipbuilding, financing, Time Charter, Bare Boat Charter, Service Operation Agreements, Towage, Sales and Purchase of Vessels, Assistance, Salvage, Boat Condominiums;
– Assistance with obtaining special financial lines of credit along with Fundo da Marinha Mercante (known as FMM) and the Brazilian Development Bank (BNDES) in order to finance water transportation related projects.